You can install Zoom on Ubuntu in two ways:
1. Installing through Ubuntu Software install
Firstly, we need to download the Zoom package from Zoom official website.
Go to URL: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Choose Linux Type (Let’s choose Ubuntu)
- Choose OS Architecture (64 bit/ 32 bit)
- Choose OS version (12.04 / 14.04+)
- Click on the “Download” button and .deb file will be downloaded.
Now, install the downloaded package
- Go to your “Downloads” directory and select the downloaded .deb file.
- Right-click on this file and choose the option “Open With Software Install”
- Click the “Install” button in the Ubuntu software window.
- You have to provide your system’s root password to authenticate the installation request.
- Enter the root password in the Authentication popup. and click the “Authenticate” button.
2. Installing through terminal
Download the Zoom package using the following command:
# wget https://zoom.us/client/latest/zoom_amd64.deb
Run the following command to install the downloaded package
# sudo dpkg -i zoom_amd64.deb
Note: You need the system root password to install the package on your PC.