What is Docker?
- It is a platform that packages an application and its dependencies together in the form of Container.
- The Containerization aspect ensures that the application works in any ENVIRONMENT.
- It’s a tool designed to make it easier to create, deploy, and run applications by using Containers.
- Docker enables developers or DevOps to run apps as Containers.
- Docker image is the source of the Docker container.
- When the user runs a Docker image, an instance of a container is created.
- An Image can exist without a Docker container.
- Docker containers allow a developer to package up an application – with all the parts it needs, such as libraries and other dependencies to ship it all out as one package.
- Docker Container is packed up with Code, Dependencies, Configuration, Process, Networking, Operating System (Some Chunks), etc.