Both have similar goals, but communicating with a different type of audiences. Here are the key differences between B2B and B2C.
B2B (Business to Business)
- A business that operates by selling its products to other businesses.
- Focuses on the return of investment, the logic of the product and its specifications.
- Businesses work harder to streamline the buying process, to save time and money.
- B2B industries have the traits like fewer customers, larger orders, higher value orders, longer decision time and longer relationship is formed.
- The buying decision is based on Price and Profit potential.
- It builds a good relationship with other parties and increases business contacts.
B2C (Business to Consumer)
- A business that operates by selling its products directly to consumers.
- Focuses on the benefits of the product and invoking an emotional response from the customer.
- Its more about stimulating behavior to satisfy instant needs, get the problem solved and let them be on the way.
- B2C have the traits like more customers, smaller orders, lower value orders, short decision time and shorter relationship
- The buying decision is based on Price and Popularity among the target audience.
- It helps in building customer loyalty.